The Németh Apartments is an excellent accomodation for all those, who would like to rest, relax and refill in Sárvár. The apartments with 1 or 2 airspaces provide a pleasant and ideal accomodation for both of pairs and families.
Southwest of the Church of St. László stands Sárvár’s first school, which was founded in 1535 by Tamás Nádasdy, who later became palatine, and which was praised by Fülöp Melanchton, a figure of the Reformation of European reknown in his letter to Tamás Nádasdy in 1537.
The Bible translator János Sylvester and Mátyás Dévai Bíró, also known as the ”Hungarian Luther”, were both notable teachers of the school. At the time the school was still a single-storey building. Tamás Nádasdy left posterity a lasting monument: the school even survived the town’s destruction in 1705. In 1830 a second storey was added to it by the country town. The inscription ”OP. SARVAR 1830” on its façade records this fact. In the school year of 1883/84 the great Hungarian writer Géza Gárdonyi taught at the school. His lodgings were on the upper floor. Teaching continued within the school’s walls until the construction of the new school in 1889. In 1892 the town’s first kindergarden was opened here, and ever since the building has served for the education of the 3-6 year olds. Since 1901 a statue of the Madonna has graced the building’s facade. back to the previous page.